We will do our best to make your visits pleasant and comfortable as we take pride in our high standards of dental care. Our aim is to help you reach and maintain an optimum level of dental and oral health.
We are open to serve you, answer questions or schedule an appointment during office hours.
|Saturday||9:00am||-||1:00pm (every other Saturday)|
Your dental appointment is considered confirmed at the time of booking. This means we are reserving time with our doctor, assistant and hygienist, as well as operatory space as required. We will be sterilizing and preparing the operatory space as well as all the equipment and materials required for your procedure. We therefore request that if you are unable to attend the scheduled appointment you contact our office with 48 hours notice to reschedule. As a courtesy we will telephone you the day before your appointment to remind you of the appointment you have booked.
Payment Policy for patients with or without Dental Insurance
Unless prior arrangements have been made, payment is due upon completion of treatment. We accept Cash, Interact, Master Card, American Express or Visa. If there are any outstanding charges on your account, payment is expected in full prior to your next appointment.
As a courtesy to you East York Dental will accept payment directly from your Insurance Company for your dental care where the following conditions are met:
- All details and information concerning your dental plan is provided by you, as well it is your responsibility to notify us of any changes in your status regarding your plan immediately (i.e. layoff, divorce, etc.) Your dental insurance provider does not inform us.
- Uninsured balances are paid in full on the date of service.
- Insured balances are paid within 90 days
- You will be notified of your dental insurance provider inactivity of payment by our office.
- If, your dental insurance provider has not responded with payment, you are personally required to provide full payment of your account.
At this time we will be happy to fill in a dental claim insurance form in order that you may contact your employer or the dental insurance company directly to claim your benefits.
Please note that not all services may be covered by your insurance carrier and every insurance plan has its own unique â€œquirksâ€ and exceptions. Our office will do our best to assist our patients in understanding the details of their insurance plan; however, we are limited in the information we can access and it is ultimately the patient's responsibility to understand their insurance.
Know your dental insurance policy. It is not always possible for us to find all the information concerning your insurance plan since insurance companies are not obligated to disclose any or all information to us under the privacy act. We recommend that patients verify their coverage with their insurance company and bring in their dental coverage booklet to their first appointment.
Insured patients are encouraged to provide us the following information about their insurance policy. If in doubt, always ask the insurance company.
- Name of insurance carrier
- Policy number, certificate number (ID) and division number (if any)
- The anniversary date of the policy, for example is it January 1st or rolling calendar year
- The annual maximum benefit per patient per year
- The annual fee guide covered by their insurance policy, example 2007, 2008, 2009 or current.
- Percentage of coverage allowed for diagnostic, preventative, restorative, endodontic, periodontal services and all other major treatments, such as implants, crowns, bridges and dentures
- The per person and family annual deductible amount
- Number of scaling/cleaning units covered per year and frequency etc.
Please remember that your dental plan is a contract between yourself and your insurance company
No treatment is ever provided to a patient without their consent verbal and/or written. Patients have the option to decline the recommended treatment plan.
PrivacyOur office is committed to protecting the privacy of our patient's personal information and to utilizing all personal information in a responsible and professional manner. Any information collected by your dentist is used only for the purpose of diagnosing dental conditions, providing and consulting about dental treatment, billing and correspondence with your insurance company.
We want your visit to be as easy and stress-free as possible.